This is the central location for COVID-19 information on the St. Lawrence Health (SLH) website. We are constantly developing new resources to serve the North Country through this unprecedented challenge. Our highest priority is the health of our community, patients, and employees.
If you are experiencing a medical emergency, dial 911 immediately.
The youth/adolescent vaccine for children ages 5 - 11 is available at St. Lawrence Health locations. Children do not have to be current patients at these locations to receive the vaccination - it is open access to all children. To schedule the vaccine for children ages 5-11, call (315) 261-5602. Appointments are currently being made for the following locations:
~ Canton Pediatrics, 80 East Main Street, Canton
~ Potsdam Pediatrics, 15 Raymond Street, Potsdam
New York State vaccine website for eligible children and adolescents ages 5 - 17. Find alternate local locations where the vaccination is available.
New York State's COVID-19 vaccine website provides information on eligibility, where to receive the vaccine, and what type is being offered.
St. Lawrence County Public Health also provides local COVID-19 vaccine information on its website.
Questions with video answers:
Canton-Potsdam Hospital Infectious Diseases Physician Assistant Kylie Broughal provides answers to the following questions:
- How do I prepare for the COVID-19 vaccine and what are the known side effects
- Is the COVID-19 vaccine safe for women who are pregnant or breastfeeding
- Was the COVID-19 vaccine rushed
- How does mRNA work and does mRNA affect a person's DNA
- Does the COVID-19 vaccine contain the virus
- How and when do I schedule to receive the vaccine
- How is the COVID-19 vaccine different from other vaccines