Get the care you need
The past year has been filled with more uncertainty than ever before with the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. However, that hasn’t stopped your overall health from requiring attention. We are here to provide you with the care you need through virtual video, phone, or in-person. Our services for a wide range of ailments and conditions range from preventative screenings to routine checkups and treatments. Patient visits are designed with your safety and accessibility in mind.
Be proactive about your health
There are many steps you can take to keep yourself and your body healthy before symptoms begin. Follow these steps each day to get your healthcare back on track:
- Make sure you get enough sleep
- Maintain a well-balanced diet
- Set aside at least 30 minutes per day for moderate exercise
If you sustain an injury or develop a health concern, make sure to contact your doctor or 911 as soon as possible for examination and care. Making time with your primary care provider for your annual physical and wellness visit will also help develop a baseline to keep track of your overall health.
Don’t delay your preventative care
As well as following CDC and local community guidelines to reduce the spread of COVID-19, it is important to make sure you are following screening guidelines for your overall health.
- Check with your primary care physician to see what is recommended for your age group, as well as for other members of your family.
- Schedule screenings as needed.
- Continue practicing social distancing and wearing a mask when being in crowds is unavoidable.
- When you have to cough or sneeze, cover your nose and mouth with the crook of your elbow, and wash or disinfect your hands with soap and hot water or hand sanitizer as soon as possible.
- If you have not done so already, schedule an appointment to receive your COVID-19 vaccination, which is now available to all residents of New York over the age of 16.
Don't delay your check-ups and screenings
Be proactive in your personal health plan and schedule that overdue routine exam. St. Lawrence Health offers primary care services for the whole family in locations across the county, including Canton, Gouverneur, Massena, and Potsdam to best meet your needs and schedule.
Whether you're looking for a pediatrician or geriatric provider, we have a medical provider to care for your needs and those of your loved ones, no matter your age. Learn about our primary care providers and pediatricians.
Stay on top of your screenings and know the importance of early detection. Review the American Cancer Society's list of recommendations regarding what tests should be conducted at what age throughout your life.
If a screening indicates cancer, our Center for Cancer Care can provide you with an abundance of resources and treatments.
Your safety comes first
To keep you and your family safe, we have transformed our provider facilities, hospitals, waiting areas, and the way we deliver patient care throughout St. Lawrence Health.
- Employees are screened each day for fevers and symptoms of the novel coronavirus.
- All patients are screened as they enter our facilities.
- Visitor guidelines are in place.
- We conduct high-level disinfecting throughout the day.
- Masks are required for all staff and patients alike.
- Patients and visitors are required to practice the 6-foot social distancing rule.