TESTING FOR COVID-19 IS AVAILABLE AT MULTIPLE SLHS TESTING CENTERS.
TESTING IS BY APPOINTMENT ONLY.
At this time we are offering testing (by appointment) to all members of our community.
We also continue to test individuals who have been in direct contact with a person known to be COVID-19 positive, individuals who are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 (including fever, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, cough, shortness of breath, unexplained severe fatigue, and/or loss of taste or smell), and individuals who have a referral from the St. Lawrence County Department of Health.
Call SLHS' Hotline at: (315) 261-6240 or St. Lawrence County Department of Health at: (315) 229-3448 to inquire about an appointment. The hotline will be taking appointments Monday-Friday, 8AM - 4 PM.
What to Bring:
- You must arrive in a personal vehicle. Due to the increased risk of contamination, as well as current shortages of personal protective equipment, walk-ups are not permitted at this time.
- Each person to be tested must be seated next to a working window.
- Limit vehicle passengers to those needing a test.
- Have a photo ID for all persons registered for testing that includes name and date of birth (can be New York driver's license, state-issued ID, or passport).
- Please bring tissues and a washcloth/towel.
You will be required to provide the following information:
- Full name
- Current address (where you are staying)
- Best phone number to reach you in order to receive test results
What to Expect:
- When you arrive at the testing site, you should remain in your vehicle.
- Upon arrival, call the number you were provided with when you made the appointment.
- A health care provider in personal protective gear will come to your vehicle and provide you with instructions.
- You will be asked to blow your nose using the tissue you brought with you. You will need dispose of the tissue on your own.
- A soft swab will be inserted deep into your nose to get the necessary sample. This may be slightly uncomfortable, but the test is quick and should take less than a minute.
- Test results are not immediate. It may take a few days. After the test, you will be given information/instructions to take with you while you await the results.
- You will receive test results via the telephone number you gave at the time of pre-screening.
The testing site will be staffed by health care professionals in medical protective gear who are trained to test for COVID-19. Directional signage will help residents through the testing site in an orderly fashion.
People who are experiencing a medical emergency should dial 9-1-1 immediately.