St. Lawrence Health has established Community Testing sites across St. Lawrence County where free drive-up tests are safely available to the community.
Currently, same- or next-day appointments are usually available. Appointments are strongly encouraged to ensure the smoothest experience for our patients. If you have questions about scheduling a COVID-19 test, please call the SLH COVID Hotline.
Regardless of insurance (or lack of insurance), there is NO COST to patients for all COVID-19 tests through St. Lawrence Health.
SLH COVID-19 Hotline (daily): (315) 261-6240
St. Lawrence County Public Health: (315) 229-3448
SLH Community Testing Centers
Regular Hours and locations:
- 77 West Barney Street in Gouverneur: Monday - Friday, 7:00 am - 3:00 pm
- 1 Hospital Drive in Massena: Monday - Friday, 7:00 am - 3:00 pm; Saturday and Sunday, 7:00 am - 11:00 am
- 145 Market Street in Potsdam: Monday - Friday, 7:00 am - 5:00 pm; Saturday and Sunday, 7:00 am - 3:00 pm
What Does a COVID-19 Test Cost?
Our patients will never be billed for COVID tests. No matter what kind of COVID-19 test a patient receives, there is no cost to the patient.
We do submit claims to insurance; however, even if insurance does not pay the full amount, patients do not receive a bill for the balance.
Before Your Test
- For your safety and others, you must arrive in a motor vehicle.
- Each person to be tested must be seated next to a working window.
- Limit vehicle passengers to those needing a test.
- Please bring tissues and a washcloth/towel.
- If you cannot keep your appointment, please call the SLH Hotline (315) 261-6240 so someone else can be tested at that time.
When You Arrive
- At each SLH Community Testing Center, directional signage will help guide you through the testing site in an orderly fashion.
- While at the testing site, remain in your vehicle at all times.
- If the testing site features parking lanes or a drive-through, a check-in number will be clearly listed. Otherwise, upon arrival, call the number you were given when you made your appointment.
- Upon checking in, you will be asked to blow your nose using the tissue you brought with you. You will need to dispose of the tissue on your own.
- A health care provider in personal protective gear will come to your vehicle and provide you with instructions.
- A soft swab will be inserted deep into your nose to get the necessary sample. This may be slightly uncomfortable, but the test is quick and should take less than a minute.
- After the test, you will be given information/instructions to take with you while you await the results. Although individual turnaround times vary, your COVID-19 test result should be available in 2-4 full days.
Patient Testing Information
Download the COVID-19 Community Testing Patient Information Packet.
Request Your COVID-19 Results
If you need an official copy of your COVID-19 test results for yourself or to send to another entity (work, school, health care provider), click this link to be directed to an online authorization form.
If you still have questions, please visit Facts and Questions.